Sunday, January 27, 2013

Nursery Update

Sorry for the long delay.  Here are a few nursery updates!

First, a little insight into our nursery "theme," which is all based upon a fabric I picked up at IKEA.  I just fell in love with this print right away and decided to design the nursery around it.  I love the colors and the little roly poly hedgehogs!  At some point, I'll be making curtains from this fabric (if I can manage to stand long enough to get all the fabric pressed and sewn!).


I also bought this coordinating blanket to match.  Right now it's perched on the rocking chair I had when I was a little girl which will hopefully be enjoyed by our girl one day!



We also picked up our crib and dresser at IKEA (in case you haven't learned so far from this blog, I am quite the fan of IKEA).  Just purchasing them was a little bit of an adventure.  We couldn't fit them both into our car, so we picked up the dresser first, then went back for the crib a day or two later.  Then we couldn't get the crib box to fit into our car at all, so we had to take the pieces out of the box in the parking lot so we could manipulate everything in!  Thankfully we were victorious!  And then, of course, once we got it home, we had the fun of putting it together.  We ran into a couple minor snafus, but I'm happy to report that it's all ready to go, complete with the crib mattress we picked up at a local store this weekend.





Now that we've got some of the furniture in place, we can hopefully start moving some baby things out of our bedroom and into the baby's room!  I decided to start with the teddy bear we made for her during our trip to Vermont and our furry hedgehog friend named Fred.


There's still lots to do in the room--purchase a chair/rocker, make the curtains, figure out the furniture arrangement in the slightly awkward space, get baby's things organized, decorate, order and put up wall decals--whew!  I'll post updates when I can, but just keep in mind that I'm pretty slow-moving these days so I may be slow to make progress.  Hopefully there will be more to share soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love it so far. It is going to look adorable once you get it all together.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the final product--in person!!
    Seester

    ReplyDelete