Despite my lack of posting,we have been busy with a couple of house projects. A couple weekends ago, Dan decided to tackle something we've been avoiding for quite some time--recaulking the upstairs bath. As some of you might recall, when we first moved into our house, the upstairs bathroom was so disgusting that I declared I would never actually be able to use it. Dan did some MAGICAL work cleaning the bathroom and we were able to spruce things up a lot with some paint and a new toilet seat, but I will admit (rather embarassingly) that our tub caulk has continued to be a scary mess. At some point Dan put new caulk over the old caulk, but a couple weeks ago he actually tackled the task of removing all the old caulk and putting fresh new caulk in.
To spare ourselves embarrassment, we did not take any "before" pictures of the tub, but here's a little view of some of the old caulk in the trashcan if that gives you any sense of how gross it was.
Here's a pic after Dan removed the old caulking. . . .
And here's the tub newly caulked! Honestly, sometimes I forget how much little things in our house can make such a big difference. Our tub looks so different with this shiny new caulk in place, and it stays so much cleaner! And I'll definitely feel much better about giving our child a bath in this newly improved tub instead of the icky-looking old one. Hooray Dan!
No comments:
Post a Comment