Now that Dan and I have gotten most of the big projects under our belts until spring, I can finally move on to some of the fun stuff--namely, getting things organized and decorated! It will definitely be a slow process, but I got started by taking care of our office, which has been looking like this for quite some time.

Here is the stack of papers I've had waiting to be filed since we moved at the end of July.

Those of you who know me well can probably imagine how much it drove me
insane to not have all these papers where they belong, but I just haven't gotten around to getting my file cabinet set up. There were so many times that I was looking for things and couldn't find them, and I know that I exclaimed more than once, "I don't know how some people live like this!" A little dramatic, I know, but I seriously can't imagine how people can stand to sort through piles over and over again. It was maddening to me! Plus so many things I use in the office were still packed up in boxes, unable to be used, so it was time to bring them out! Here's a photo of things tidied up, with all the papers to be filed finally put away and my desk items back where they belong!

Another project has been putting a few pieces in place in the dining room. We took down the old window treatments, put some up some curtain rods and curtains (which I have yet to iron, so please excuse), and added some placemats. It's starting to come along!


Loveliness! The curtains look really good. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely organizations skills. You are so good at that. Also like your dining room. Looks really nice. Good job.
ReplyDeleteMom