This weekend, our plan for the house is pretty simple: Barely do a thing. We are feeling burned-out and in need of a break from the endless stream of "to do"s. This evening, we went to Starbucks for this year's inaugural pumpkin spice lattes (i.e., little slices of autumny heaven) and to do some reading, which is something I've neglected to do for weeks. Tomorrow we are headed to NYC to visit with a friend and spend some time in Central Park enjoying this gorgeous fall weather. The weekend will be filled with lots of nice, normal, non-house activities. Aaah.
We did get one thing accomplished today when the contractor from Lowe's came to do measurements for our floors, which means we should have an estimate next week. We're calling tomorrow to schedule one more estimate, so if we are lucky, we will hopefully have new floors before too long. I'm sure we'll also try to tackle some little things on Sunday, but we don't have anything major planned. This is awesome not only because we can do other things but also because I might develop carpel tunnel syndrome if I have to do any more painting right now!
See you on the other side of this beautiful fall weekend!
have really enjoyed reading about your new home repairs!! :) keep up the good work!!!
ReplyDeleteauntie norma
Looking really good. Can't wait to visit!!
ReplyDelete