
Once that was completed, it was time to get mowing! As you can see, our grass had gotten pretty long (ahem), but the mower did a pretty good job taking care of things!
While I mowed the front lawn (which is really more of a rectangular patch of grass than a yard), Dan took care of trimming the hedges.
Looking much better!
Once I got the front yard finished up, I moved on to the back, which was significantly scarier. The grass had grown just a bit out of control. No one really sees our backyard, so it wasn't too big of a deal, but I was starting to worry that woodland animals might mistake our backyard for a forest or grassland, and I would prefer that such creatures actually live in forests or grasslands and not take up residence in our yard.
Making my way through the grass was a little tougher than it was in the front (here I am making my silly "It's so hard to cut this long grass" face), but it was nice to see the ground again!
Last Saturday was, I think, the first time I've mowed a lawn. It felt like such a quintessential homeowner thing to be doing on a Saturday morning. Dan and I were kind of laughing at ourselves when we realized how "grown up" we were out trimming hedges and mowing the grass!I was surprised to discover that I actually found mowing the lawn to be kind of fun. I liked pushing around our old school mower, and I found it immensely satisfying to see a mess cleared away and see the immediate result of a trimmed, neat lawn (visible results is also what I find so satisfying about cleaning and organizing). Of course, lots of things are fun the first time around and not so much the tenth or twelfth or twentieth time, but I'll take my little pieces of homeowner satisfaction wherever I can get them!
No comments:
Post a Comment