The floor guys arrived just before 8:00 this morning (early! yay!). They are friendly. They seem to know what they are doing. They do not appear annoyed when Dan occasionally hovers for a moment and asks questions. All of this is very good.
On the downside, poor Dan woke up with a bad headache, so he is now sleeping on top of several sleeping bags/blankets in the basement. The floor guys have to keep the front door cracked open in order to run an extension cord out to their equipment, and they have the upstairs windows open, so it is now about 62 degrees in our house and dropping. The cats are not happy that they are locked in the basement. And it is one noisy scene here between the circular saw, pieces of wood being moved about, nailing, pounding, and the addition of the floor guys' radio playing an assortment of cheesy dance music.
Still, I cannot help feeling as though I am on HGTV episode waiting for a big makeover reveal. Even though I hope the people on HGTV are not as cold as I am right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment