Friday was our fifth wedding anniversary (yay!). We are planning to take a day trip in a couple of weeks to officially celebrate, but for an unofficial celebration, I set up a little pumpkin pancake dinner for Dan as a surprise when he came from work. When he saw the table he said, "It's the first nice thing we've had in our house!" It was indeed the first time that our new house has remotely resembled places we've lived in before! I added the lovely fall-colored flowers that he brought home for me, too (because he's sweet like that).

The traditional five-year anniversary gift is wood. On Saturday morning, we got exactly that when our hardwood floors were delivered. Hooray! Now they will just sit waiting (and acclimating to room temperature) until the installers come on the 22nd.

To give you yet further evidence as to why we are so excited that the new floors have arrived, I'll share these pictures of our hallway floor, complete with its own special floor cut out.


This weekend most of our house projects revolved around preparation for the floor installation. Right now freshly baked cookies and warm apple cider await me, so I will be off, but check back soon for the full recap!
No comments:
Post a Comment