Saturday, August 6, 2011

Livin' for the Weekend

Dan and I have been anxious to get to this weekend, not because we will have lots of time to relax, but because we are anxious to get some things done! Our roster for the weekend is pretty busy, and we're going to have a number of things going on.

Later today, our new dishwasher is being delivered (hooray!), and we are also having someone come to inspect the HVAC system, which we are sure is going to at least need some routine servicing. In addition to that, someone is coming this evening to give us a quote for the refinishing of our floors upstairs, and we have two others coming to give us quotes tomorrow.

In between appointments, I'm hoping to keep tackling the kitchen, so hopefully we'll make more progress with cleaning, lining cabinets/drawers as needed, and getting some more things unpacked. We also might try to tackle reattaching cabinet doors, fixing the tracks on some of the falling drawers, and replacing missing hardware, but we'll see how much time we have.

I hope that we might also get to some things in the basement. Dan shampooed the carpets down there on Thursday night, but we still need to clean the laundry area, and at some point we really must brave cleaning the basement bathroom (after the upstairs bath and the kitchen, I think we've had about all we can take, so we've been ignoring that for now).

Aside from more cleaning inside, we've got to take care of some things outside. . . namely, mowing the lawn! We haven't bought a mower yet, but our friends a couple of blocks away kindly offered us theirs to borrow, so hopefully we can take care of that soon!

I'm not sure how much of this we'll actually get done, but I'm hoping to at least touch on these things in the next two days. Luckily, we'll still be able to have some fun this weekend. We're going to a friend's house tomorrow for her son's birthday, and at some point we hope to reward our hard work with a second trip to see "Harry Potter" before it leaves theaters. Yay!

And now off to work. . . .

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Your very own lawn!! When exactly was the last time you mowed grass?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've EVER mowed grass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She still won't be mowing. She's appointed me to do it ;>

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use cerama bryte on the cooktop . It does a good job but you still have to use a razor sometimes . I bought it at lowes , its near the appliances not in the cleaning aisle . We also have the razor with a handle that must have come with the cooktop . I am sure the previous owners at your place had no use for any cleaning implement. congrats again on the new home.
    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete