So. . . the floor guy called and rescheduled. For a week from today. We were also informed that most jobs are booked a month to a month and a half in advance, which would mean it could be October until our floors are done (for the other estimates that we got, in most cases they could start in a couple of weeks). The thought that our floors might not be done until October makes me want to run at breakneck speed to the nearest hotel and refuse to come out until winter.
We're tentatively keeping the appointment, but right now, we're on to researching Plan B, which is to remove the paint from the floors ourselves and then bring in someone to do the refinishing. There are a number of ways we can remove the paint (or, if push comes shove, hire someone just to do the paint stripping), so we have to research all the options and, of course, make sure we are taking all the proper precautions.
Weekend updates coming soon. For now, I'm ready for an evening during which I think about anything but the house. Instead, I vote for tea. And Trader Joe's old-fashioned graham crackers. And a cheesy movie. I'll try to post some updates (complete with pics) in the next day or two!
Sorry I haven't gotten around to commenting on how much I love your new blog! Keep the updates coming. I know moving can be a struggle, but someday that house will reflect you both and all of your hard work will be showcased! Don't get discouraged, the house will be home before you know it!
ReplyDelete